Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Petrol Price Hike?

As I started receiving sms-es after sms-es just moments ago saying that petrol will hike 80 sen by mid night today. All I can say is "WHAT THE F#CK???!!!". Although we expected that petrol price will hike but 80 sen? How can a normal person earning normal money paying this extravagant prices?

Why am I so pissed and frustrated?! Well as we know the public transport system in Malaysia especially the Klang Valley are sad to say CRAP! I can see some slight improvement but thats about it. The timing still sucks. Maintenance still sucks. The bus is smelly and dusty AND sometimes it smells like exhaust are pumping out of the buses air conditioning system instead of nice clean air. That is why we still prefer to take our own transport to certain places.

Why some country can do it and not us? It is because their country's transportation is organised or the country is cold! Take the UK for example. The subway is so darn complicated but it helps to commute their commuters to places with ease. Our country's weather is for one a killer. Walking one short distance under the sun is enough to wet a shirt.

Why am I still so pissed and frustrated?! Well, well, well, all the other product's price will hike up too. Already the inflation in the Klang Valley is so bad. Having a normal bowl of noodles in a coffee shop at the heart of KL cost me a hefty RM 6. A cup of kopi-o small cost me RM1.20!!! Even a cup of warm water cost 60 sens! So imagine when the petrol price hikes up??!! A bowl of noodles will cost how much?? RM7??! a cup of teh tarik cost how much? RM 2??? so have now all normal mamak stalls, kopi tiams or hawker centers became cafe's or coffee houses?

What are we going to face now? I think I am going to start riding my bicycle or perhaps take a motorbike license. Lining up in the petrol stations to pump petrols??? what for??! how much can we save? When will this madness end? sigh... gotta go... time to take a walk. long walk! All I can say is no matter how life will go on. Just that life will go on slightly harder for those earning peanuts for a living in a city of jewels.

1 comment:

Sumandak From the Land Below the Wind said...

I would say that the petrol price hike gave us a crude wake up call! It is time to save more money and to change our lifestyle, drastically!