Saturday, August 9, 2008

RIP Bernie Mac


Bernie Mac
1957 - 2008

Today one is another to mourn for the world of comedy as they lost another of their shining Star. Bernard Jeffrey McCullough better known as Bernie Mac passed away from pneumonia this morning. I am truly shocked and he is one of the best stand up comedians ever. For one thing he is respected is he never uses the N word as most of other Black comedians frequently uses during their stand up routine.

Bernie you will be missed.


"I had a white guy tell me... he said, "Bern, why do black folks use the word 'mother-fucker?'" Well, I'm gonna break down what the word "mother-fucker" actually means. "Mother-fucker" is somethin' that black folks have been using for years. It's about expression. Don't be ashamed of the word "mother-fucker." Because the word "mother-fucker" is a noun: it describes a person, place, or thing!"

"There's no such thing as white-collar crime. And there's definitely no such thing as black-on-black crime. Crime is crime. Let me explain something to you. I don't care if you have a white collar or a tank top. If you rob me, I'm gonna whup your ass. "

No comments: